5 Questions You Should Answer Before the End of the Month
Can you believe it’s August 1st? Not only that, but for many of us our work day is almost over! I just got used to signing July 2017 on all of my documents. Time is FLYING by and soon will be setting goals for the New Year. Today is a good day for reflection so for today’s career tip I want to share five questions you should answer yes to by the end of the month:
- Are you closer to your professional goals than you were in January?
- Have you set goals for the end of the year?
- Do you have a clear plan for networking with decision makers in your industry?
- Have you considered your professional brand and made steps to communicate your value?
- Have you identified something you want to learn or enhance?
Professional development is ongoing and constant. In order to be in control of our destiny we need firm goals that are SMART (Specific, Measureable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely). Once you have your goals written down, I’ve found it helpful to share them. Having someone to hold you accountable and remind of you of your goals can make a world of difference!